| The University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville has an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic clinician educator to join a group of 12 pulmonary and critical care medicine faculty physicians in a hospital-owned employed practice. Admitting and rounding is done at one hospital. Call will include approximately one shared weekend call and 2-3 additional weekday overnight calls per month. Pulmonary/Critical Care fellows and Internal Medicine residents provide in-house floor and ICU coverage. The office suite is located in the beautiful Heart Lung Vascular Institute on the University of Tennessee Medical Center Campus, a 609-bed tertiary care facility, which is a Level I Trauma Center and the only academic medical center in the region. This is a thriving hospital with state-of-the-art equipment including an interventional bronchoscopy lab. Our Pulmonary program, having been nationally ranked multiple previous years, again achieved a national ranking of 39th for 2016-2017 by the distinguished publication US News and World Report in its 27th “America’s Best Hospitals” report. |
We are offering a position which will be approximately 70% clinical in-patient and outpatient practice with the remaining 30% time dedicated to research and scholarly activity in support of our Pulmonary /Critical Care fellowship. This is a strong and stable group of physicians who have achieved a team atmosphere and desire a physician who is looking to be part of a team, and participate in teaching and clinical research. A physician who wants a well-rounded Pulmonary/Critical Care practice with an academic component would be the best fit. The practice has long-standing integral involvement with Internal Medicine Residency and there are ample opportunities to teach medical students. Physicians with a track record of clinical or translational research will be preferred.
The position offers a competitive starting salary, with full benefits, malpractice insurance, relocation assistance, and production-based incentive. Knoxville is a fantastic area to live and work, as all major metro amenities are close at hand. This one-of-a-kind practice offers a unique opportunity to practice excellent medicine, teach and have a productive research and academic career, while still being able to have an enjoyable lifestyle.
Living and practicing in Knoxville:
You will be part of a vibrant city that was previously voted the “Best Place to Live Among Mid-Sized Cities.”
This rapidly-growing Southeastern metropolitan city is known for its quality of education, affordable cost of living and temperate climate, with a perfect mix of city amenities and congestion-free living.
Some of what you can expect to find include:
Cost of living that is 16.3% below the national average
Stable economic climate bolstered by the operations of The University of Tennessee, Tennessee Valley Authority, Oak Ridge National Laboratories and other growing industries
No personal or state income tax
Outdoor recreational activities such as boating, hiking, golfing, fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking all in the natural beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae complete with all positions held, honors, publications, and teaching experience to:
Director of Recruitment
1-800-647-2232, ext 202