| Cardiac Surgery Opportunity in Nationally Recognized Program! |
Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School–Baystate, is seeking a cardiac surgeon to join Baystate Medical Center’s award-winning Heart & Vascular Program in Springfield, Massachusetts.
This opportunity features:
• A HIGH-QUALITY PROGRAM—Baystate Medical Center (BMC) was named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. In addition, U.S. News & World Report considers BMC high-performing in cardiology and heart surgery, and ranked BMC as one of the nation’s top 34 hospitals for 2015-16.
• HIGH VOLUME AND ROBUST, BUILT-IN REFERRAL SYSTEM—Baystate Medical Center performs more than 80% of all cardiac surgeries in western Massachusetts. It is among the three highest-volume medical centers in the entire state for coronary surgery and coronary angioplasty.
• BUSY TAVR AND VALVULAR HEART DISEASE PROGRAM—As well as advanced heart failure and mechanical assist, including VAD, lead extraction and aortic surgery.
• STATE-OF-THE-ART PATIENT FACILITIES—Brand-new patient tower that includes dedicated CV operating rooms, including four hybrid operating rooms.
• COLLABORATION—A large, collegial group of cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, cardiac anesthesiologists, radiologists and vascular surgeons dedicated to your success and patient-centered excellence.
• FACULTY APPOINTMENT—A combination of clinical care and fellow, resident and medical student teaching with an appointment to the University of Massachusetts School of Medicine.
The ideal candidate will be academically inclined, with clinical expertise in routine and advanced surgical and endovascular techniques. New grads are welcome to apply!
Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is a 716-bed independent academic medical center and a training site for the University of Massachusetts Medical School–Baystate. BMC is also our community’s major referral hospital, providing the highest level of care for conditions such as cancer, acute and chronic cardiovascular illness, nervous system illness, digestive illness, and other diseases that affect the major organ systems of the body. For more information, please visit www.choosebaystatehealth.org/cs/cts
or contact David Deaton, MD, Heart & Vascular Services, Baystate Health c/o Beth Fox, Physician Recruiter Phone: 413-794-7726 Email: Elizabeth.Fox@BaystateHealth.org
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.