Advocate Children’s Hospital/Advocate Medical Group seeks a BC/BE Pediatric Pulmonologist to join our growing practice at serving Advocate Children’s Hospital in Park Ridge and surrounding northwest and western suburban communities. Advocate Children’s Hospital has two campuses and is the largest network provider of pediatric services in the state of Illinois. Advocate Children's Hospital -Park Ridge is an accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center and also has state of the art NICU and PICU with ECMO capability in both units.
Our ideal candidate has experience, an enthusiastic approach to providing care for children and a passion for teaching pediatric residents and medical students in clinical outpatient and hospital settings. Pediatric pulmonology practice at our campus has been steadily growing to meet the demand and develop the satellite clinics. Growth is expected to continue with the on-going development of new programs (BPD, Asthma, Muscular Dystrophy). The level of expertise required for the above programs, including the satellites, as well as the highly complex inpatient service, requires adding additional physicians.
Responsibilities include: Rounds, clinics, program development (specific plan to develop the Asthma program), teaching, faculty development and clinical research. Experience in and the desire to grow a flexible bronchoscopy program would have added value.
Qualified applicants will have completed an American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) accredited fellowship in Pediatrics and Pulmonary and be B.E. or B.C. by the ABP in this subspecialty. Not J-1 eligible.
Consider joining our growing team committed to providing evidence based, compassionate care. Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits are through Advocate Medical Group, one of the largest physician-run organizations in the state. Advocate is the largest ACO (Accountable Care Organization) in the nation. Not J-1 eligible.
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward inquires, detailed cover letter and CV to: Nancy.email@example.com.
For more information, please visit, www.amgdoctors.com/about-us/ www.advocatechildrenshospital.com/ach/.
About Advocate Children's Hospital/Advocate Medical group
• Advocate is named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics and is the largest health system in Illinois. Our faith based, not- for-profit health system is based in Downers Grove, Illinois.
• Advocate has the largest emergency and Level I Trauma network in Illinois.
• Advocate treats more pediatric patients than any other hospital or system in the state..., and more people trust their hearts to Advocate than to any other hospital or system in the state. Additionally, Advocate diagnoses and treats more cancer than any other hospital or system in Illinois. These numbers are important because health research shows there is a positive relationship between the number of procedures performed and quality outcomes.
• Advocate offers more than 250 sites of care, with12 acute-care hospitals, including a children’s hospital with two campuses and the state’s largest integrated children’s network.
• Advocate is recognized as one of the Top 100 Workplaces to work in Chicago, we are one of Chicagoland’s largest employers with more than 35,000 associates, including 6,300 affiliated physicians and nearly 10,000 nurses.
• Advocate has one of the largest home health companies in the state.
• Six Advocate hospitals have earned Magnet Recognition from the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) including, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital and Advocate Sherman Hospital. Magnet status represents hospital-wide teamwork and dedication to creating a positive environment, which helps attract the best physicians and nurses, resulting in better overall care for our patients.
• In 2014, five Advocate Health Care hospitals, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, were named among the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics.
• Advocate Health Care has the state’s largest physician network of primary care physicians, specialists and sub-specialists.
• Advocate has academic and teaching affiliations with all major universities in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Our four teaching hospitals include Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Advocate BroMenn Medical Center.
• In 1995, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ combined to form Advocate. Learn more about our history.
Advocate Health Care – people are our inspiration, changing lives is our passion.
Back to top
The American Thoracic Society improves global health by advancing research, patient care, and public health in pulmonary disease, critical illness, and sleep disorders. Founded in 1905 to combat TB, the ATS has grown to tackle asthma, COPD, lung cancer, sepsis, acute respiratory distress, and sleep apnea, among other diseases.
AMERICAN THORACIC SOCIETY 25 Broadway New York, NY 10004 United States of America