Essentia Health located throughout Minnesota Lakes Country is looking for General, Pediatric, and Cornea Ophthalmologists!
Essentia Health – Duluth is looking for a General, Pediatric, and Cornea Specialist to join our mature, diverse and collegial practice of 6 ophthalmologists and 3 optometrists.
Essentia Health – Virginia is looking for a general ophthalmologist for an established practice with excellent support from our Duluth colleagues.
Duluth, patients are admitted to St. Mary’s Medical Center, a 330-bed tertiary care hospital, and Essentia Health Duluth, a 165-bed hospital, both located on the same campus. Some patients are also admitted to St. Luke’s Hospital, a few blocks from Essentia Health Duluth campus.
Virginia, Essentia Health is integrated with Virginia Hospital and have a shared electronic medical record.
- Sub-specialists in Cornea, Pediatrics, LASIK, Uveitis/Ocular Immunology and Retina
- State-of-the-art facilities and diagnostic equipment
- Duluth call 1:5 weekday (M-TH) and 1:12 weekends (share community call)
- Virginia call is light with some seasonal variation and back-up from Duluth colleagues; Call 1 weekend/month, 1 night/week
- Outreach a possibility for surrounding areas
- The cities of Duluth and Virginia are known for their adventurous outdoor experiences, excellent education systems, and overall great places to start your career!
- Duluth is located at the westernmost tip of Lake Superior with a population of 86,000 and regional service area of 460,000
- Virginia is located approx 60 miles from Duluth serving a population of 8,000 and service area of 60,000