- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Must have one (1) year of experience (within the last 2 years) in general radiology is required.
- Completion of a two year program of Radiologic Technology is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Must be licensed by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Must have a current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Thorough knowledge of anatomical positioning and basic body physiology related to developmental factors and the aging process.
- Through knowledge of operation of radiographic equipment.
- Knowledge of basic principles of electricity as applied to radiography.
- Basic knowledge of infection control and safety policies.
- Skilled in the operation of stationary and portable radiologic equipment.
- Must demonstrate continuing education and provide documentation to the department.
- Ability to stand, pull, reach and bend.
- Ability to use both hands.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.