Mobile MRI Technologist
Charlotte Radiology is a privately owned Radiology Group that has been servicing the Carolinas for 50 years. At Charlotte Radiology, we offer an exciting, team-oriented environment where individuals are encouraged to excel. Charlotte Radiology is a dynamic group whose employees embody the goals, commitment, and determination it takes to make a successful company. We not only offer the career growth and responsibility an individual is seeking, but also excellent compensation and benefits.
The Mobile MRI Technologist will work at the mobile unit, anywhere from Huntersville to the metro Charlotte area to Rock Hill. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position. The shifts will fluctuate and some Saturday coverage will be required.
Skill Set Required of MRI Technologist:
- 1 year experience in MRI
- Must be able to perform procedures in accordance to the CR departmental protocols and standards. Operates MRI scanners, IV contrast injectors, O2 tanks.
- Computer literate
- Must be up to date with local and federal regulations that apply to their licensure and role.
- Must be able to review the patient history and identify any allergies that could interfere with the patient’s test.
- Must be able to communicate with the Radiologist or referring MD if a protocol needs to be obtained or a test needs to be altered.
- Must be able to report malfunctioning equipment to the Radiology engineer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift the appropriate weight determined by CR (50-75 lbs.)
- Must have positive communication skills
- Performs basic patient care functions and informs the Radiologist or nurse of any change in the patient’s condition if needed
- Must be competent to perform IVs
- Excellent customer service skills
- MRI certification
- ARRT certified; CPR certified
Job Duties of MRI Technologist:
- Examines orders and verifies the patient request for accuracy. Addresses any questionable orders with the Radiologist before performing the procedure(s). Operates MRI equipment to make quality images of designated portions of the body under the direct order of a physician and in accordance with MRI safety procedures.
- Completes required paperwork/orders, email order request and authorization in a timely and accurate manner. Accurately records patient medical history on designated history form. Correlates test results and other lab data with exam being performed
- Perform intravenous injections of GBCA when required.
- Monitor supplies/stock room/equipment. Proactively initiates ordering or repairs, as needed. Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Maintain all necessary QA documentation.
- Effectively communicates with Radiologist for protocols, as needed.
- Effectively communicates with PACS/IT for imaging distribution, as necessary.
- Operates x-ray equipment to make quality images of designated portions of the body under the direct order of a physician and in accordance with radiation safety procedures
- Provide visual inspection of the mobile coach throughout the day and prior to leaving
- Various duties as they arise
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Required education: Associate
Required experience: MRI Technologist: 1 year
Required license or certification: ARRT R.T.(R)(MR)
If interested, please email your resume to Gina Wynn, Human Resources: Gina.Wynn@charlotteradiology.com
For more information please visit www.charlotteradiology.com/career-opportunities.cfm
Thank you for your interest in Charlotte Radiology. Discover with us how becoming a member of our team could lead to a very rewarding career.