| Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, is recruiting BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join an expanding team. Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine. Additional board eligibility/board certification in Critical Care Medicine is preferred but not required. Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training. |
• 32 bed ICU managed by the Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
• Practice settings include busy inpatient critical care and pulmonary services, along with a thriving referral clinic. • Candidates will be actively involved as clinical educators who teach medical students, residents, and fellows.
• In addition to teaching responsibilities, there is the opportunity to develop subspecialty referral practices in asthma, interventional pulmonary, thoracic oncology, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, and other end stage lung diseases.
• Section members regularly collaborate with the pulmonary departments at both local medical schools in clinical research, including NIH-funded activities in ARDS and IPF. Faculty appointments are possible for qualified candidates.
• The position offers flexibility and balance among clinical practice, graduate education, and scholarly activity for applicants based upon individual experience levels.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 60 health centers. Ochsner employs more than 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 600 clinical research studies. Our medical school, the Ochsner Clinical School, in partnership with the University of Queensland in Australia, enrolls 130 medical students each year. We are also one of the largest non-university based physician training centers in the U.S. and the largest teaching hospital in Louisiana.
Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in three specialty categories and received high performing ratings in 6 procedures and/or conditions. Additionally, CareChex®, a division of Comparison®, named four Ochsner campuses among the top 10% of hospitals in the nation in 13 specialties. Ochsner was also recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
Please email CV to email@example.com or call 800-488-2240. Reference # NOPCCM-1
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.