| Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a Thoracic Surgeon to join Baystate Health’s Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery in Western MA. |
This opportunity features:
• A 100% General Thoracic Surgery practice with an emphasis on minimally invasive surgery and a developing robotics program.
• A growing division with surgeons and advanced practitioners dedicated to your success. • Working with an integrated multidisciplinary thoracic oncology team.
• A multidisciplinary lung cancer screening program.
• The ability to combine clinical care with resident and medical student teaching. Opportunity for faculty appointment to the University Of Massachusetts School Of Medicine.
• Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, paid time off, CME time and reimbursement, educational opportunities and a generous retirement savings plan.
• An organization working toward its fourth consecutive Magnet Hospital designation for excellence in nursing.
Candidates must be board certified / board eligible in Thoracic Surgery and must have minimally invasive skills, a love of teaching, and a commitment to working with interdisciplinary teams.
The Pioneer Valley in western Massachusetts is home to several college towns, including Northampton & Amherst, with many cultural and outdoor opportunities close by. We are situated near the heart of New England, with easy access to major cities such as Boston and New York, as well as proximity to the Berkshires, and the mountains and skiing of Vermont.
Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is home to the state’s second-busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level 1 trauma center. Additionally, Baystate Medical Center achieved elite distinction as one of 34 “High Performing” hospitals in America from US News & World Report in 2015. Baystate Health is Massachusetts’ third-largest healthcare system and consistently ranks among the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare organizations. As a not-for-profit, mission-driven, integrated health system, Baystate Health serves a population of more than 750,000 people in communities across western Massachusetts.
Patient-centered care is at the core of Baystate Health’s culture. We are committed to hiring clinicians who value a culture of compassion and appreciate diversity—while delivering a higher state of caring.
For more information, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org/careers Or contact, Kristin Richard, Senior Physician & Advanced Practitioner Recruiter Telephone: 413.794.7847; Fax: 413.794.5059 Email: Kristin.Richard@BaystateHealth.org
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.