Staff Pulmonologist – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
OCHSNER HEALTH SYSTEM IN BATON ROUGE is seeking an additional PULMONARY/CRITICAL CARE PHYSICIAN to join our expanding team. Applicants must be BE/BC in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine. Additional board eligibility/board certification in Critical Care Medicine is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will participate in the development of the Pulmonary Disease Management Program. Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training.
Details of the Position:
- Robust office practice with three full-time Board Certified Pulmonologists and three Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
- Large referral base and support from specialists throughout Ochsner Health System to manage a comprehensive range of chronic pulmonary conditions
- 20 bed ICU managed by the Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Practice is complemented by a 4-bed Sleep Lab and Pulmonary Rehab department
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group
- EICU, used for night and ICU call coverage assistance, is managed by Pulmonary/Critical Care Team located at Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Relocation assistance
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 488-2240 for more information.
Reference # BRPULM-3.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
About the Region
Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. We are the state capital, with a metropolitan population of over 600,000 and home to Louisiana State University and Southern University.
About Ochsner Health System
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge, a full service acute care hospital, and 13 local health centers. More than 1,500 employees serve our patients, including more than 160 physicians and advanced practice providers. Ochsner Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health System, Southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 60 health centers. Altogether, Ochsner Health System employs over 17,000 employees, more than 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts over 600 clinical research studies. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital nationally recognized by US News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year. For more information, please visit www.ochsner.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.