Intermountain Hospital Group
Intermountain Medical Center
- Seeking a BC/BE fellowship trained Interventional Pulmonary physician to join the Pulmonary/CCM division at Intermountain Medical Center, the flagship hospital for Intermountain Healthcare
- Position focus is on providing advanced IP care for patients referred with both malignant and benign diseases involving the airways, mediastinum, pleural space, and lunch parenchyma
- Collaboration with 2 dedicated thoracic surgeons, medical oncology and radiation therapy. A structured lunch cancer screening program is in place.
- Weekly tumor board, plus a weekly radiology/pathology/clinical case conference. Weekly educational division conference. Pulmonary grand rounds are shared with the University of Utah Pulmonary/CCM division.
- Outpatient clinic 1 ½ days per week in the Schmidt Chest Clinic located within Intermountain Medical Center
- Block time in endoscopy 1 day per week; other endoscopy, and operating room time scheduled as needed
- Currently available equipment: Olympus curvilinear and radial EBUS (both OR and outpatient), SuperDimension Navigational bronchoscopy, Flexible/Rigid Bronchoscopy with laser/cautery, Stent placement, PleurX Catheters, Thoracentesis service, EBV’s on a case-by-case basis, Semi-rigid pleuroscope
- 4 weeks per year seeing inpatient on the consult service
- 2 to 4 nights per month in-house coverage of the Respiratory ICU and hospitalized pulmonary patients. On other nights, calls and admissions from clinic patients are taken by the in-house covering physician.
- Participate in Intermountain and University of Utah affiliated hospitals teaching and research activities. Become a principal investigator for research related to interventional pulmonology and serve as a co-investigator for clinical and translational research led by other division members. Adjunct faculty appointment available at the University of Utah for qualified physicians.
- Administrative and educational activities promoting exceptional clinical outcomes
- Employment position with the Intermountain Hospital Group
- Competitive salary which includes all-purpose leave days
- Full Intermountain benefits that include defined pension, 401K match and CME
- Relocation provided, up to 15K
- Visa sponsorship not available
Intermountain Healthcare Information
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the second year in a row, Forbes magazine has named Utah’s Intermountain Healthcare among the nation’s top 3 healthcare organizations, and within the top 25 employers overall. Intermountain Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system based in Salt Lake City, Utah, with 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary care and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour’s drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day’s drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA’s Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to: Intermountain Healthcare Attn: Wilf Rudert, Physician Recruiting 1-800-888-3134 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://physicianjobsintermountain.org